Preparing for your First Session
Best coaching happens when your coach understands your
Before the first coaching session, you have to submit the
- Having the right expectations
I will do everything in my power to help you have a more balanced, fulfilling and happy life; to accomplish your goals and live your values. But it is important for you to understand that only you are the owner of the process and the results you get. It is you who is responsible to have the best possible attitude and to stick to your commitments. It is only then that coaching can really make a difference.
2. What you can expect from me
- I will maintain a professional, open, trustworthy, honest and positive relationship that will serve your interests.
- I will make clear agreements with you and honor them.
- I’ll give you all the assistance, support, motivation and guidance needed for you to achieve your goals.
- I will interrupt you and challenge any self-deception that may impair your progress toward meeting your goals and dreams.
- I will share all of my experience, knowledge and skills as needed or required.
- I will not lie. We will be completely honest with you, always.
- Total commitment on your way to achieving your goals.
- I will not give information or advice I know or suspect are misleading or likely to endanger your physical, mental or emotional integrity.
- I will awaken positive and resourceful states, rather than give advice. One’s advice can be useless or even dangerous to another.
- I will not exploit any aspect of the client-coach relationship for my personal, professional or monetary benefit.
- I will respect your right to terminate the coaching process at any time.
- I will be alert for any indication that you’re no longer benefiting from the coaching relationship.
- If I thought you could be better served by another coach or professional, we will encourage you to make that decision.
- In all I do , I’ll try to reflect the following values: integrity, care, honesty, professionalism, respect, courtesy and empathy . We will do my best to show the highest standards of service and adhere to any agreement we reach together.
- If I make a mistake, I will endeavor to find the best and fastest way to rectify it to your satisfaction.
- I will respect the confidentiality of your information, unless authorized by you or if required by law.
- I will seek your express consent before exposing your information as clients, reference or any identification.
- I stand by the quality and ethical Standards of the International Coaching Community (ICC).
3. What I expect from you
- To be on time for your appointments.
- Prepare for the coaching sessions by filling in the form I send you in your session confirmation email.
- Have in mind the topic you want to address before the session starts.
- Be honest.
- Accept being challenged if I feel you’re not being sincere or if you are limiting/cheating yourself.
- Be willing to receive feedback.
- Perform the tasks agreed upon in a timely manner.
- Be willing to work in the areas of your life that are necessary and to take into account the perspectives and concepts that I propose.
- To work closely and openly with me.
- To trust me.
- Be willing to accept new ways of doing things and that sometimes you have to complete tasks that you will not feel necessarily comfortable with, but for which you will have my support.
- To honor your financial obligations.